Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Topsail Beach and Uncle Jack

Thanks for the memories Uncle Jack!

Topsail beach again. This time from our boat but about 35 years ago after a Hankins wedding the extended family spent a rainy, windy week together here. My most vivid memory is Billy McAdams saving me from a strong undertow that pulled my ankle deep feet right out from under me.

After spending another week of rain and high winds, Paul & I are leaving Carolina Beach State Park and moving past Topsail to Swansboro to pick up cousin Victor. I sure hope this cousin does not have to save me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey all!! it sounds like you are having a great time! i love all your pictures!sorry, i haven't written in a while,but i've been pulling my grades up higher so i can exempt the final exams...YAY! only a month of school left! we have a field day on friday so that will be fun. i told my clss and teachers on tuesday that i would not be attending PACS next year. they were shoced and some started crying...including teachers. Last Friday, matthew was being superman in our hammock swing, which is broken, and when the swing went back, he went forward and scrapped his face really bad. he gashed his forehead, bust his lip, had a deep cut on the lower side of his nose, which the doctors had to superglue back together,and he had other little scrapes in between. he's doing better though. Mom and i started doing curves today. it's not hard at all so for me i have to work a lot harder to feel affect. so, that about wraps it up for us. give bill and ellen our love. i love you tons!!!
*Katie Jo*