Saturday, April 07, 2007

Beaufort, SC

We arrived in Beaufort, South Carolina on Wednesday and took a slip at Lady's Island Marina.

During our time in Beaufort, we met up with some good friends here. Blaine and Layne Spratlin are friends from Athens and we had dinner with them and Stacy went out with Layne on Friday to a tea house for high tea.


.


Stacy and I went into town to look at the old houses and look in every shop in town. We found a shop selling Segways and decided to test drive one. It is an amazing technological achievement that someone could design something that we could actually ride on.



Bill decided that his lines were too dirty and stiff so he put them all in a washing machine with fabric softener. The softener idea is ok but the washing machine unraveled all of his lines. I cut the bad ends off and melted the ends so that they would stay together for a while longer. I think I would rather have dirty lines.

We planned to leave on Saturday morning but we have had a major cold front come in with unusually cold temperatures and high winds. We decided to stay another night in Beaufort and pull out Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Dana Ray said...

Hey Paul and Stacy! I was wondering what ya'lls email is. I need to let you know some info on my graduation and sending an invite might never reach you. :-) Looks like a lot of fun! Just give me a call when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey sea travelers, This is great! I feel like I can travel with you through the Blog.
I'm looking forward to seeing each stop along the way.
Stay warm... It's cold here in Athens.
Call me anytime.
Richard and I and married life are doing great :)

Paul & Stacy Brannon said...

Dana,

Yes, please send the graduation information. Our email is pb@mvseasea.com. We are glad to see that you haven't lost your southern roots--saying "yall" in your message made us feel good.